- Four ARI members (Dr Farah Aida, Dr Azmi, Dr Nor Balkish and Dr Norazida) obtained their international professional accreditation for their Enterprise Risk Management examination from ERMA Global
- ARI HICoE received the Global Good Governance (3G) Awards 2017 at Dubai. The event was organized by Cambridge IF Analytica (UK)
- Associate Prof Dr Zuraidah Mohd Sanusi selected as recipient of the 2017 Erasmus Teaching Mobility Scholar with Burgas Free University, Bulgaria.
- Organisation of six collaborative international conferences: ISEC 2017, IPSA 2017, ICGSM 2017, ICCG 2017, ICG 2017 and APMAA 2017
- Global Islamic Finance Awards for four consecutive years 2014-2017 for ARI
- GIFA Special Awards 2017 - Advocacy of Islamic Financial Criminology - for Prof Dr Normah Omar
- Appointment of Prof Dr Nafsiah Mohammed as President of the International Association of Public Sector Accounting
- ARI HICoE awarded the ASEAN Enterprise Risk Management Awards 2017 by the Enterprise Risk Management Academy (ERMA Global)
- Prof Dr Nafsiah received two global innovation awards: : Gold Prize at Seoul International Invention Fair (SIIF) 2017 and Special Awards from the Lebanese Innovators Society 2017
- Dr Nor Balkish Zakaria received RM90,000 contract research from Malaysian Institute of Supply Chain (MISI).
- Prof Dr Normah Omar and her collaborative partners from Australia and Thailand received an international grant of AUD50,000 from the Australian Government - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) - to conduct an international DAFT-ASEAN Virtual Business Plan Competition
- Dr Intan Salwani Mohammed received the i-Proclaim Annual Research Award 2017. under the category Outstanding Scientist Award (Google Scholar Citations).
- Management appointments of three ARI research fellows: Prof Dato' Dr Mustaffa Mohd Zain as Assistant Vice Chancellor Strategic Planning; Prof Dr Faizah Darus as Dean, Faculty of Accountancy and Associate Professor Dr Azmi Abdul Hamid as Director, Risk Management Unit, UiTM
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
The year 2017 has brought about a lot of good memories for all ARIANs at Accounting Research Institute. Among the most significant outcome of 2017 includes the following: