In view of increasing trends in money laundering offences and its potential negative impacts on a country's economy, there are currently various "hot topics" that researchers can explore for their research work. Listed below are proposed topics that can be undertaken:
- AML-CFT Regime in Emerging Economies: A Cross-Country Study
- The Proceeds of Crime: Problems of Investigation and Prosecution
- Dirty Money: The evolution of money laundering counter-measures.
- Money-Laundering in the Twenty-First Century: Risks and Countermeasures.
- A Comparative study on the criminalization of money laundering activity in a selected region
- Compliance with the AML/CFT International Standard: Lessons from a Cross-Country Analysis
- The Regulation of Mobile Money in Emerging Markets
- Assessment of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism (ML/FT) Risks in non-profit organisations
- Customer Risk Assessment within AML/CFT Framework
- Due Diligent and Know Your Clients Analysis Among Designated Non-Financial Businesses and Professions
- Financial Action Task Force Evaluation of AML-CFT International Standards and Their Effectiveness
- Trade-Based Money Laundering and Financial Trail Analysis
- Transfer-Pricing Manipulation and Tax Evasion of MNCs in Tax Heaven Jurisdictions