Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Greetings from Saigon

I am writing from Saigon, Vietnam. Gone for a short holiday here with my family and some friends. I can see that Vietnam is an upcoming economy in Asia. Almost everyone in this country is involved in some kind of business. Most shops are open at 7.30 am and close at 11.30 pm. Saigon is a city with eight million population and four million motorbikes (so I was told by the tour guide).
Tough the population is high, the traffic jam is bearable as the motorbikes help to reduce traffic congestion. Moreover, I am fairly impressed by the high level of tolerance (to others) shown by the drivers here. As a result, there's not much traffic accident. ARI should certainly do a research on this topic: traffic accidents and drivers' tollerance?,,, just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment