The exploratory research grant scheme or better known as ERGS is a newly introduced grant scheme by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). It is especially created to cater for research projects that fulfill the following criteria:
1. New idea(s) that has never been explored
2. New research idea with transformational capability
3. New application to an established research
4. Research that provides viable solution to acute issues or problems
5. New ideas that produces Innovative Spin-Offs
Priority is given to research projects that contribute directly to Malaysia's strategic agenda or those human/social-based projects that enhance the quality of life for this country....